Friday, 2 March 2012

Book Review: A Feast for Crows



I originally got into this series because my brother had bought the books and recommended the series (and gave me the books for free).  I have to say that I didn't like this book as much as the last ones.  I think it might have been due to the fact that two out of the three of my favourite charachters did not make an appearance and the third only had a very small story in this book.

However towards the end of the book , I got into the story and there were a few twists at the end which I had not expected but very much welcomed which improved my rating for the book.  This books does leave things in a little bit of a cliffhanger moment for a few charachters, none of which will be answered in the next book, as the next book will cover the story that is happening in the other parts of the kingdoms whilst this story had happened.
Quite long winded in places... Martin does like to drag the story on as much as he can, but as usual you can't help getting involved with all the charachters and their individual victories and failures.
I will read the next book in the series but I do not expect the story to move quickly, as none of the rest of the series has!!  But I like the style of writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment